Many corporations have Supplier Programs encouraging supply and service contracts. Some corporations have also implemented an aggressive Supplier Diversity Program focusing on access to contracts for minority, small, women and disabled veteran owned firms, among others.
The Latin Business Association provides its membership with access to Supplier/Supplier Diversity programs and representatives. The Latin Business Association-Institute provides a Supplier Diversity Procurement Boot Camp which provides the tools necessary to build a company’s infrastructure so it can position itself to obtain contract and procurement opportunities within the public and private sectors.
Five Quick Supplier Tips:
- Visit-Supplier/ Supplier Diversity Program sites
- Learn-WHO THEY ARE? and WHAT THEY BUY?
- Register-with their database (when applies)
- Connect-with appropriate Supplier representative
- Call Supplier Office
- Attend Supplier Events
- Build and Maintain Company Value Proposition and relationship with supplier!