LBA Business Road Trip- Series I
- Connecting LBA and Partner Member Business Owners to Business Opportunities with Tropicana Las Vegas, and the family of MGM Resorts International Companies!- February 8th thru 10th, 2012.
New LBA Corporate Partner Tropicana Las Vegas recently made history by becoming the first Las Vegas hotel and casino to be fully Latino-owned. Owned by The Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel and Resort, Inc. and operated by Alex Yemenidjian’s Armenco Holdings, Tropicana Las Vegas is one of the finest hotel-casino and resort destinations on the Las Vegas Strip, boasting new rooms and a recently completed major renovation. The new Tropicana is redefining the expectations of today’s resort traveler. The LBA is proud to have Tropicana as a Corporate Partner.
About MGM Resorts International
MGM Resorts International supports responsible gaming, community philanthropy and sustainable development and operations, and has garnered numerous awards and received recognition worldwide for its industry-leading Diversity initiatives.
Indeed. Supplier Diversity is the motivation and incentive driving the LBA Business Road Trip Series. Our Series I to Las Vegas came about for one reason. Stated simply, its no longer business as usual. Tropicana and MGM are seeking Latino and Minority vendors and suppliers- and the LBA is the vehicle they’ve chosen to make it happen!
The LBA Business Road Trip- Destination: Las Vegas
The Latin Business Association, in partnership with Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel and Resort, Inc. and MGM Resorts International, is proud to present this unique and unprecedented opportunity that will connect LBA and Partner Member Business Owners to new business opportunities with Tropicana and the family of MGM Companies.
The LBA salutes Tropicana Las Vegas and MGM Resorts International for their serious commitment to Supplier Diversity and we thank them for their magnanimous partner participation in presenting the Las Vegas LBA Business Road Trip- “Paving the Way to Success!”
Participants of the LBA Business Road Trip- Series I to Las Vegas- will meet with procurement representatives from:
So do as they do at New York-New York… and Be A Part of It!
Come join us, and take advantage of this stupendous event! Network and do business with fellow Southern California and Las Vegas area LBA and Partner Members. Meet the hotel purchasing agents, tour their facilities and make some history of your own by becoming the newest vendors and suppliers to these premier hotels- all while relaxing and enjoying yourself at the fabulous, all-new Tropicana Las Vegas!
LBA Business Road Trip Itinerary:
Wednesday, February 8:
Thursday, February 9:
- 8:00-9:00 AM- Morning Coffee & Networking- Cohiba 5 Room
- 9:00 AM- Reception and Continental Breakfast with Welcoming Remarks from Tropicana Vice President of Convention Sales and Services
- 9:30-11:30 AM- Meet the Buyers: Directors of Departments of: IT; Housekeeping & Environmental Services; Food & Beverage; and General Procurement
- 11:50 AM- Meet in Tropicana Lobby area for departure to MGM Facilities
- 12:00 PM- Coach departs to MGM Corporate Services Center- 4886 Sinatra Dr.
- 12:30 PM- Reception and Luncheon with Welcoming Remarks from MGM Vice President of Global Procurement
- 1:00-2:30 PM- Meet the Buyers: Supv., Mgrs., and Sen. Buyers from Food & Beverage; OS&E/Facilities
- 2:45 PM- Bus departs for MGM Grand Hotel
- 3:00-4:30 PM- Tour of MGM Grand Hotel
- 4:30-6:00 PM- Special Cocktail Reception & Networking at MGM
- 6:15 PM- Bus Returns Guests to Tropicana
- 6:30 PM on- Free Time
- 11:00 AM- Check-out of Tropicana
- 11:30 PM- Bus departs for return to Los Angeles- ETA 5:00 PM
Friday, February 10:
LBA Las Vegas Business Road Trip Participants will enjoy:
- Complimentary round-trip coach transportation from Los Angeles, courtesy of the LBA (limited to one business owner or representative per business- additional guests will be charged $60.00 round-trip coach fare).
- Special lodging rate of $75.00 per room/per night, courtesy of Tropicana Las Vegas. (Two-night stay at Tropicana Jan. 8 and 9 required of all participants. Special Tropicana Promo code and toll-free number will be provided to all registered participants. Reservations must be made no later than January 30, 2012.)
- Business Owners must be current LBA, or Partner Members in good standing.
- Businesses must have been in operation a minimum of three years, and owners able to demonstrate readiness to do business immediately.
- Businesses should preferably be Minority Certified.
MGM Resorts International- Global Procurement
MGM Resorts International, with $1.3 billion in annual biddable spend, is interested in acquiring vendor/suppliers most particularly in the following areas:
Floral Supplies; Mobile Cart Batteries; Propane; Rental Equipment; Water Softener Salt
Bakery Compounds; Bakery Decorating Items; Bakery Pastry Shells; Bakery Pie Fillings; Candy; Cookies- Crackers (Non-Otis Spunkmier); Dressings; Fin Fish Breaded; Mayonnaise; Mollusk- Fresh/Frozen/Whole/Processed/Breaded; Par Baked/Dough/Breads; Pastry/Desserts Frozen; Sauces; Snacks; Soups-Bases’ Spices; Syrups; Toppings; Flavorings; Vinegars
Food and Beverage Disposable Containers; Glassware; Plastic Ware- Melamine
Ash/Trash Urns (Custom Metal and/or Stone, usually with plastic liner); Carpet; Furniture (specifically Casegoods- Tables, Credenzas, Consoles, etc.)
Fitness Equipment Services; Guest Room Appliances; Hangers; Ironing Boards & Covers; Luggage Racks; Spa/Salon Guest & Treatment Supplies
Recommendations from MGM Resorts International:
Recommendations from LBA:
If your type of company and/or products or services do not appear on this list, by no means should you be discouraged from participating in the LBA Business Road Trip. This list represents the types of products/services MGM Resorts International is seeking for immediate contracting opportunities, and does not account for those of Tropicana, or for either companies’ longer-term interests.
Seating is limited and available to LBA and Partner Member Business-owners only on a first-come, first-served basis. Be sure not to miss out and reserve your space now!
For further information, to review your LBA Membership status or to renew, contact Road Trip Coordinator Peter Beltran at (213) 628-8510.